Do this if you are hurt at work!

It’s a new year. So, I thought I’d list, again, what you need to do right away if you hurt yourself at work.

  1. Get emergency care IMMEDIATELY if you need it.
  2. As soon as you can, tell your supervisor you hurt yourself at work and want to file a workers’ compensation claim.
  3. If your work injuries prevent from telling your employer of your work accident, ask a family member, co-worker, or friend to tell your employer. If you don’t properly tell your employer about your work accident and work injuries, you may lose your workers’ compensation benefits.
  4. Once you have told your employer about your work injury, ask your supervisor or the manager who handles workers’ compensation claims where you should go for medical treatment.
  5. Go to of your doctors’ appointments and follow your doctors’ directions.
  6. If you miss more than a week of work, you are entitled to workers’ compensation money benefits for your work injuries.
  7. If the workers’ compensation insurer refuses to pay money benefits or provide medical benefits, you should call a lawyer immediately.

The longer you wait to call a lawyer, the longer it will take to get your workers’ compensation benefits. My phone number is 505 292-8836.